So for those brides-to-be, this might be useful for you.
Tak ingat amik kat website mana sbb dah lama sangat.
Kalau dapat diundur masa, kompem aku akan guna list ni so that hidup tak berapa nak kelam-kabut cam dulu tu.
Tapi dah kawin, dah preknen, dah ada anak sorang pun nih. haha.
To Do List soon after getting engaged :
- ● Announce your engagement to family and friends.
- ● Set the wedding date.
- ● Establish who is contributing financially to the wedding, and fix up your budget.
- ● Nominate wedding party.
- ● Arrange engagement party.
- ● Decide approximate guest numbers for the wedding.
- ● Send out Save the Date invites.
- ● Select and book ceremony venue.
- ● Select and book reception venue.
- ● Decide on the style and theme for your wedding.
- ● Select and book photographer
- ● Select and book if there are other recorders (sound, video, event data)
- ● Plan alternate plans for your wedding if it is outside (if the weather is not good for the day)
- ● Get information about different honeymoon destinations.
- ● Develop a record-keeping system.
- ● Keep a diary of ideas.
- ● Create a scrap book of the wedding process.
- ● Start to think about ceremonial vows.
- ● Consider premarital counseling.
6-12 months before
- ● Shop till you drop for a wedding gown.
- ● Compile the guest list.
- ● Book entertainment.
- ● Plan and book honeymoon.
- ● Organize passports, visa and inoculations.
- ● Decide on the style of the cake, and book a cake maker.
- ● Book a wedding celebrant or a minister.
- ● Try different hairstyles now, instead of just before wedding.
- ● Start a health program.
- ● Obtain a birth certificate if necessary.
- ● Book necessary transport.
- ● Book a make-up artist.
- ● Book a hair stylist.
- ● Book a nail technician.
- ● Look for outfits for bridesmaids, flower girls, etc.
3-6 Months before
- ● Order or make wedding stationary
- ● Book all hire party equipment
- ● Select an MC.
- ● Finalize wedding guest list
- ● Finalize honeymoon details.
- ● Begin regular facial treatments.
- ● Start dancing lessons if necessary.
- ● Buy shoes, jewelery and other accessories.
- ● Select and buy wedding favors. (If you are making a wedding favor, start now.)
- ● Visit your wedding officiate, and complete the ‘Notice of intended Marriage’ form.
- ● Decide upon a gift registry, and compile a gift list.
- ● Choose the florist and the flowers you want.
- ● Book bridal suite for the wedding night
- ● Determine where you will be living after the wedding.
- ● Design and organize the wedding program.
- ● Make sure all deposits are paid, and contracts signed.
1-3 Months before hand
- ● Finalize flowers.
- ● Plan bachelor/buck’s/stag party
- ● Plan bachelorette/hen’s party
- ● Plan bridal shower/kitchen tea
- ● Arrange leave from work.
- ● Purchase a garter, a cake topper, a cake knife, toasting glasses and a guest book.
- ● Purchase or borrow a pillow for the ring bearer.
- ● Meet with your photographer.
- ● Send out invitations (at least 6-8 weeks prior to the wedding).
- ● Decide on the final wording for the ceremony vows.
- ● Bride and groom’s parents co-ordinate outfits
- ● Watch a wedding movie to get in the mood.
- ● Visit accountant to discuss post-wedding finical agreements
- ● Makes necessary changes to insurance polices.
- ● Organize name change, if applicable
- ● Select and confirm groom and groomsmen outfits.
- ● Schedule rehearsal dinner
- ● Shop for or design your wedding rings.
- ● Give a list of preferred songs to your DJ/singers.
- ● Have a hair and make-up trial.
1 Month before
- ● Follow up any late RSVP’s.
- ● Purchase gifts for wedding party.
- ● Organize marriage license
- ● Confirm reception, wedding, transport, flowers, DJ, MC, celebrant, hair stylist, etc.
- ● Finalize seating arrangements, and place cards.
- ● Sending wedding guest list to reception venue
- ● Schedule wedding gown fittings.
2-3 weeks before
- ● Have bachelor party/stag night
- ● Have bachelorette party/hens night
- ● Hair cut for groom
- ● Hold bridal shower
- ● Practice wearing wedding shoes.
- ● Rehearsal dinner
- ● Confirm all honeymoon details, and buy Travelers Cheques if needed.
- ● Confirm that all legal documents are in order (e.g. 'marriage license').
- ● Make sure that all in the wedding party are aware of what is required of them.
- ● Select music for the ceremony.
- ● Pick up wedding rings.
1 week before wedding day
- ● Pick up wedding outfits.
- ● Have nails manicured.
- ● Relax and have a massage.
- ● Pack bag/luggage for honeymoon.
- ● Collect all hired and borrowed items.
- ● Pack for wedding
- ● Organize and confirm roles and responsibilities for the day.
- ● Final facial
- ● Give that final guest count to reception center and caterers.
- ● Write your speeches.
- ● Confirm that all services are booked and delivery times established.
- ● Eat something.
- ● Relax and enjoy every minute of your wedding day.
- ● Thank everyone personally for their attendance and contribution to the wedding.
After the Wedding
- ● Open and record the wedding gifts.
- ● Name change (driver license, passport, etc.)
- ● Send out Thank You cards.
- ● Open joint banking account
- ● Enjoy the rest of your life together ^_^